I needed for a bigger project to make some simple design using Photoshop and having limited PS skills I searched over the Internet and reached Mr. Pazu’s article from Instructables website. I started to use his tutorial and succed to complete the small logo I needed to do :D. The tehnique is far more better than just simply convert it to black&white.
Here are the results over an image representing my grandmother.
In great lines here is what you need to do :
- Open the desired image with photoshop
- Image > Adjustment > Hue/Saturation, in that window set Saturation to minimum (-100)
- Image > Adjustment > Levels, there set Black and White points to darkest, lightest color from your image
- Filter > Noise > Add Noise , set the desired level, check Monochromatic and then click Ok.
- Select > All (or press ALT+A )
- Select > Modify > Border , set it to the size you want to make the border
- Select > Feather , put the same value as above or smaller!
- Image > Adjustment > Curves
- Save the new file
If you need screenshots then please visit the original tutorial website.